Watching this documentary was good for my soul. It helped me try to put myself in Kara’s shoes. How would I spend the last two years of my life on earth if I knew the end was near? Why am I acting like I have an infinite amount of time when I don’t know what the future holds? Sometimes we need to be reminded of our mortality.
I really enjoyed this conversation with The Women Encouraged Podcast. There’s a temptation to think the grass is greener on the other side, and we can easily slip into a “what-if” mentality. Yet the gospel provides truth and hope to battle our discontentment.
This post originally appeared on servantsofgrace.org
Welcome to the 123rd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Stacy Reaoch about her book Wilderness Wanderings: Finding Contentment in the Desert Times of Life (Cruciform Press, 2017)
WHAT YOU’LL HEAR IN THIS EPISODE:
- Stacy’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- Where Christians should look for help during times of difficulty and suffering.
- How the character of God helps Christians grow.
- Stacy’s favorite chapters in the book.
- How Christians should respond when tempted to shift blame when things don’t go the way we want.
- How to love and minister to difficult people.
- How discontentment points to deeper heart issues.
- How Christians can fight fear with truth from the Word of God.
- How understanding the promises of God help Christians grow in their walk with God.