Hospitality isn’t about the food, or the decorations or using china teacups. Hospitality is about making people feel welcome. It’s about genuinely taking an interest in another person, listening well, and sharing what you have.
Oftentimes, we’re tempted to think things will fall apart if we’re removed from the equation. We’re afraid to give up control and trust that someone else can finish the task just as well, if not better, than we can.
Pride says, everything will fall apart if I’m not involved.
Humility says, things may even start to run better without me.
This post originally appeared on servantsofgrace.org
Welcome to the 123rd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Stacy Reaoch about her book Wilderness Wanderings: Finding Contentment in the Desert Times of Life (Cruciform Press, 2017)
WHAT YOU’LL HEAR IN THIS EPISODE:
- Stacy’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- Where Christians should look for help during times of difficulty and suffering.
- How the character of God helps Christians grow.
- Stacy’s favorite chapters in the book.
- How Christians should respond when tempted to shift blame when things don’t go the way we want.
- How to love and minister to difficult people.
- How discontentment points to deeper heart issues.
- How Christians can fight fear with truth from the Word of God.
- How understanding the promises of God help Christians grow in their walk with God.