As we remember how God led, provided, and protected in the past, we can trust He will be faithful for tomorrow…
This post originally appeared on servantsofgrace.org
Welcome to the 123rd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Stacy Reaoch about her book Wilderness Wanderings: Finding Contentment in the Desert Times of Life (Cruciform Press, 2017)
WHAT YOU’LL HEAR IN THIS EPISODE:
- Stacy’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- Where Christians should look for help during times of difficulty and suffering.
- How the character of God helps Christians grow.
- Stacy’s favorite chapters in the book.
- How Christians should respond when tempted to shift blame when things don’t go the way we want.
- How to love and minister to difficult people.
- How discontentment points to deeper heart issues.
- How Christians can fight fear with truth from the Word of God.
- How understanding the promises of God help Christians grow in their walk with God.
As I enter into laughter and joy with my kids, I trust God will provide more opportunities to speak of His love and delight in them (Isaiah 62:4-5). The joy I experience with my children is only a tiny taste of the joy we have in Christ.
They say cleaning your house with young children is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos. The moment I finish cleaning the living room, I hear a crash in the bedroom that tells me a stack of puzzles has just been emptied on the floor. In the midst of all the mundane tasks—emptying the dishwasher, tackling the laundry piles, filling the cereal bowls—it’s easy to lose sight of God’s greater purpose.